Section 106 Agreement Signed and Reserved Matters Planning Update
In April, the Section 106 Agreement associated with the Phase 1 outline planning application for Whitehouse Farm was signed.
With Part 1 outline planning consent now granted, Linden Homes and Miller Homes intend to submit the first of a series of reserved matters applications to Chichester District Council in the near future.
The reserved matters process is the second stage of planning. The outline planning application covered overarching principles, with the reserved matters applications essentially filling in the details before any development can take place.
The first reserved matters application will deal with the primary infrastructure on site, which includes the primary access road and drainage infrastructure (known in planning terms as ‘Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems’) and the provision of onsite ‘SANGs’ (Suitable Alternative Natural Green Spaces).
To give the local community an opportunity to view the proposals for the first reserved matters application, speak with the project team and share their feedback, Linden Homes and Miller Homes hosted a public exhibition in November 2017.
Linden Homes and Miller Homes carefully reviewed all of the feedback received from its consultation with the local community and, where possible, amendments have been made to the first reserved matters application. These amendments include:
- Provision of raised tables at junctions located along the course of the spine road – giving priority to cyclists and pedestrians using the shared cycleway/footway over other road users
- Introduction of dog play areas and dog swimming ponds in the Southern Country Park
- Introduction of dipping ponds within the country park to facilitate opportunities for education
- Improved pedestrian connections across the site, in particular within the Southern Country Park
- Increased landscape buffer to the north of the site at the request of existing neighbouring residents
- Introduction of wider (3m) hoggin paths to sections of the SANGs to facilitate cyclist access
Linden Homes and Miller Homes would like to thank everyone that took part in the consultation process and provided their feedback.
Linden Homes and Miller Homes are in the process of preparing further reserved matters applications. This includes the reserved matters application for the first residential parcels on the Part 1 site.
Before submitting these applications, the local community will once again be invited to view and comment on the proposals via a process of public consultation, which will be well-advertised in advance.
Further information on the reserved matters planning process and next steps will be made available on this website in due course.
To receive updates on the progress of the project, please “Register for Updates” on the right-hand-side of this page.